Celebrate Neighbor Day with Random Acts of Kindness
February 10 is the perfect day to reach out to those around you in a special way
On Saturday, February 10, the Seattle Department of Neighborhoods invites all Seattle residents to celebrate Neighbor Day. It's the perfect opportunity to engage in those random acts of kindness that can so easily make someone's day. It's also a great way to show your kids how much it means to others when you reach out and offer them friendship or express your gratitude. Use this special day to show the people in your neighborhood that you appreciate them.
Here are few ideas for how you can participate in Neighbor Day:
- Do something nice for a neighbor: take them to coffee, clean up their yard, bake them some cookies, invite them for a walk.
- Organize a neighborhood potluck, open house, or work party. It can be as big or simple as you want.
- Join in a neighborhood service project to clean up a park, plant trees, or organize a neighborhood cleanup.
- Hold a bake sale for charity or to raise money for a neighborhood project.
- Have your children color the Neighbor Day coloring sheet from the city and give it to a neighbor.
- Paint a fence, rake leaves, or some other yard cleanup - especially for an elderly or disabled neighbor.
- Stop by your local Fire station and meet the crew.
If you do decide to participate, share your stories and Neighbor Day activities on social media using the hashtag #neighborday.