Is your daughter a future paleontologist? Or do you have a son who is fascinated with artifacts? Explore the cultures, wildlife and geography of Washington state, the Pacific Northwest and the Pacific Rim at the Burke Museum.
Come see the only real dinosaur fossils in the state in our Life and Times exhibit, or explore the traditions and art of Northwest Coast Native peoples in the Pacific Voices exhibit. Uncover past worlds, and what makes the Northwest so unique.
In addition to natural history and culture exhibits, the Burke offers winter, spring and summer camps. Campers participate in hands-on investigations, behind-the-scenes tours, and visits with real scientists—all while having fun at the museum and on the beautiful University of Washington campus. Burke Members and University of Washington ID cardholders receive a discount.
Upcoming events include:
- Bug Blast: September 18, 2016
- I Dig Dinos: September 25, 2016 (Last Sunday of the month)
- Geology Rocks Scout Day: October 1, 2016
- Birds at the Burke: October 8, 2016
- Meet the Mammals: November 5, 2016
- Archaeology Day: January 21, 2017
- Dino Weekend: March 11/12, 2016