Jobs at Seattle's Child
Seattle's Child was the first local parenting magazine in the country when it started in 1979. A media company, we publish Seattle's Child monthly magazine, special annual guides, our website and digital newsletters. We are dedicated to supporting and informing parents, as well as telling and celebrating the unique stories of families in our community.
No Current Openings
FAMILY EVENTS CALENDAR EDITOR (posted 2/15/17)
Seattle’s Child is hiring a Calendar Editor to be in charge of our online and magazine event calendar content. Primary responsibility is to collect and post content on our events calendar and to cull from our comprehensive online calendar the events calendar content for our monthly magazine.
Other responsibilities include posting calendar content on social media, providing event content for enewsletters and writing short articles about family events to be posted on seattleschild.com
The Seattle’s Child Calendar Editor must:
- Be a fast, accurate and succinct writer with a compelling, lively writing style.
- Have a passion for upholding our reputation for publishing the most comprehensive family events calendar in the region.
- Be meticulous about accuracy by employing compulsive fact checking
- Have a broad knowledge about things to do with kids in the Greater Seattle area and a passion for continually discovering more events of interest to families.
- Be tech-savvy - quick to pick up new software and offer suggestions on how to improve the user experience online
- Have exceptional social media skills required to do regular posts about things to do with kids
- Be a parent with children ages 10 or under and regularly go out to activities with your kids
- Live in the greater Seattle area.
- Enjoy working independently from your home, with highly flexible work schedule
- Embrace the opportunity to join the small but highly dedicated Seattle’s Child team and participate in discussions about all aspects of how to make Seattle’s Child an even more valuable source of support and information for families in our community.
Part-Time: 70 - 80 hours per month
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled but preference given to applications received by Feb 24th.
If interested send cover letter as well as a resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
No Current Openings