Summer Water Fun: Your Guide to Wading Pools, Splash Pads and Beaches
Seattle Parks and Recreation is working hard to help beat the heat.
Mounger Pool, Magnolia Saturday, May 13 through Sunday, September 10. Offers a big pool with a 50-foot corkscrew slide and a little pool for new swimmers. Lessons and party rentals available.
Colman Pool, Lincoln Park, West Seattle June 19 through Sept. 4 ; weekends starting May 27. This saltwater pool features a giant tube slide and amazing views of Puget Sound.
Wading Pools & Spray Parks:
Sixteen parks offer fresh, shallow water overseen by lifeguards starting in late June. Some are open daily, some 3 or 4 days each week (as long as the weather is forecast to be above 70 degrees - call the hotline to verify). 10 parks offer daily spray features starting Memorial Day Weekend.
Check seattle.gov/parks or call the wading pool hotline (206-684-7796) for more information.
Four-day-a-week Wading Pools (all are open noon to 6:30 p.m.):
• Hiawatha Community Center, 2700 California Ave. SW, Wed-Sat
• Delridge Community Center, 4501 Delridge Way SW, Sat-Tue
• Bitter Lake, 13035 Linden Ave. N, Tue-Fri
• South Park, 738 S Sullivan St., Mon-Thu
• Powell Barnett, 352 Martin Luther King Jr. Way, Sat-Tue
Three-day-a-week Wading Pools (all are open from noon to 7 p.m. unless otherwise noted):
• Cal Anderson Park, 1635 11th Ave., noon to 6:30 p.m., Fri-Sun
• Dahl Playfield, 7700 25th Ave. NE, Tue-Thu
• East Queen Anne, 1912 Warren Ave. N, Sun-Tue
• E.C. Hughes, 2805 SW Holden St., Wed-Fri
• Soundview, 1590 NW 90th St., Sat-Mon
• Wallingford, 4219 Wallingford Ave. N, Wed-Fri
Daily Wading Pools (all are open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. unless otherwise noted):
• Green Lake, N 73rd and E Green Lake Dr. N
• Lincoln Park, 8600 Fauntleroy Ave. SW
• Magnuson, eastern end of NE 65th St., noon to 6:30 p.m.
• Van Asselt, 7050 Beacon Ave. S
• Volunteer Park, 1400 E Galer St.
Daily Water Sprayparks (all are open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. unless otherwise noted):
• Ballard Commons, 5701 22nd Ave. NW
• Beacon Mountain at Jefferson Park, 3901 Beacon Ave. S
• John C. Little, 6961 37th Ave. S
• Georgetown Playfield, 750 S Homer St.
• Highland Park, 1100 SW Cloverdale St.
• Judkins Park, 2150 S Norman St.
• Lake Union Park, 860 Terry Ave. N
• Miller Community Center, 330 19th Ave. E
• Northacres Park, 12800 1st Ave. NE
• Pratt Park, 1800 S Main St.- closed for 2017
Beaches open June 24 through Sept. 4:
● Matthews Beach, 9300 51st Ave. NE.
● Madison Park, 1900 43rd Ave. E
● Mt. Baker Park, 2301 Lake Washington Blvd. S
● Seward Park, 5902 Lake Washington Blvd. S
● West Green Lake Beach, 7312 W Green Lake Dr.
Beaches open through Aug. 27:
● East Green Lake Beach, 7201 E Green Lake Dr. N (opens May 27)
● Magnuson Park, park entrance at NE 65th and Sand Point Way NE (opens June 24)
● Madrona Park, 853 Lake Washington Blvd. (opens May 27)
● Pritchard Island Beach, 8400 55th Ave. S (opens June 24)