Apply for Financial Aid at College Goal Sunday Events
College Goal Sunday Washington aims to reduce the barriers students face in paying for college. This year’s annual events will take place at more than 60 different locations around Washington.
College Goal Sunday Washington is a free, on-site program that helps students and families complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), the form that is required to apply for federal financial assistance for higher education. The FAFSA is the single-most important application for financial aid.
Events take place at high schools, college campuses, and public libraries at various times and locations. Here are the events taking place in the Puget Sound area:
- Decatur High School (Federal Way): Tuesday, Jan 28, 4 to 7:30 p.m.
- Birch Creek Community Center (Kent): Thursday, Jan. 31, 3:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Federal Way Library: Thursday, Jan. 31, 4 to 8 p.m.
- Auburn Mountainview High School: Thursday, Feb. 7, 6 to 8 p.m.
- Woodinville High School: Thursday, Feb. 7, 5 to 8 p.m.
- University of Washington, Mary Gates Hall: Saturday, Feb. 9, 1 to 5 p.m.
- Rainier Community Center (Seattle): Saturday, March 9, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Nearly 63 percent of students rely on financial aid to make attending college a reality. However, the paperwork can be confusing. At College Goal Sunday, students and parents can talk to experts and get in-depth help filling out the FAFSA.
For a full listing of times and statewide locations, and to learn more about the program, visit www.collegegoalsundaywa.org.