Children’s Choice Book Award Winners Announced, Jeff Kinney Author of the Year
The Children’s Book Council and Every Child a Reader announced the winners of the sixth annual Children’s Choice Book Awards (CCBAs) at a charity gala benefitting Every Child a Reader in New York City on May 13.
The announcement is a highlight of Children’s Book Week, as the CCBAs is the only national book awards program where the winning titles are selected by kids and teens. Young readers across the country voted in record numbers for their favorite books, author and illustrator, casting more than 1 million votes.
The 2013 Children’s Choice Book Awards winners are:
KINDERGARTEN TO SECOND GRADE BOOK OF THE YEAR
- Nighttime Ninja by Barbara DaCosta, illustrated by Ed Young (Little, Brown Books for Young Readers)
THIRD GRADE TO FOURTH GRADE BOOK OF THE YEAR
- Bad Kitty for President by Nick Bruel (Roaring Brook/Macmillan)
FIFTH GRADE TO SIXTH GRADE BOOK OF THE YEAR
- Dork Diaries 4: Tales from a Not-So-Graceful Ice Princess by Rachel Renée Russell (Aladdin/Simon & Schuster)
TEEN BOOK OF THE YEAR
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (Dutton/Penguin)
AUTHOR OF THE YEAR
- Jeff Kinney for Diary of a Wimpy Kid 7: The Third Wheel (Amulet Books/Abrams)
ILLUSTRATOR OF THE YEAR
- Robin Preiss Glasser for Fancy Nancy and the Mermaid Ballet (HarperCollins Children’s Books)
To learn more about the Children’s Choice Book Awards, visit www.bookweekonline.com.