Taste of Iceland Festival
SEATTLE, WA 98101
Taste of Iceland 2023 arrives in Seattle, Thursday, October 5 - Saturday, October 7. Iceland's capital city, Reykjavik, is a Sister City to Seattle. The three-day cultural festival celebrates the land of fire and ice with events at venues across the city that showcase the best of Icelandic culture, including food and beverage, music, literature, film, wellness, and more. Most events are free and open to the public. Event tickets are required and guests are encouraged to arrive promptly to guarantee entry. Tickets are available on the Taste of Iceland website. Reservations are required for the Icelandic dinner at The Carlile Room.
Taste of Iceland events include:
- Icelandic Menu at The Carlile Room: October 5-7 starting at 4:30 PM, Michael Webster, Chef at The Carlile Room, in collaboration with Blue Lagoon Iceland Head Chef Arnar Páll Sigrúnarson, will prepare a pop-up menu inspired by Icelandic flavors and ingredients including seafood, lamb, and skyr.
- Wheel of Prizes Presented by Icelandair: October 5-7 at various events, one lucky attendee per event will be selected for an opportunity to spin the wheel for a chance to win various prizes, including a trip for two to Iceland! More information available here.
- HI/HÆ: Designing Friendship: Hae/Hi presents “Saman/Together,” a design exhibition featuring objects and experiences that encourage people to interact, work, play, or relax together. With the shared objective of creating dialogues between their respective creative communities, “Saman/Together” features 18 interdisciplinary design studios from Reykjavík and Seattle. 5-7 PM on Thursday, October 5 and 12-5 PM on Friday and Saturday October 6-7 at Hometeam.
- Reykjavik Calling: Iceland Airwaves Off Venue: The City of Reykjavík, in collaboration with Iceland Airwaves and KEXP, will host a free concert featuring Icelandic artists Daniel Hjalmtysson and GRÓA. 7 PM on Thursday, October 5 at KEXP.
- Icelandic Cocktail Class with Reyka Vodka: Join a free Icelandic cocktail class where Reyka Vodka’s brand ambassador and mixologist, Jeffrey Naples, will shake up some tasty Iceland-inspired cocktails and teach attendees how to make these drinks at home. 4 PM on Friday, October 6 at Life on Mars.
- Beautiful Beings Film Screening and Director Q&A: Enjoy a free screening of Beautiful Beings, Iceland’s official submission to the 2023 Academy Awards® for Best International Feature Film, followed by a Q&A with director Guðmundur Arnar Guðmundsson. 7 PM on Friday, October 6 at Majestic Bay Theatres.
- Secrets of the Sprakkar with Eliza Reid, First Lady of Iceland: Join Eliza Reid, the First Lady of Iceland and co-founder of the Iceland Writers Retreat, as she discusses her critically acclaimed book, Secrets of the Sprakkar: Iceland's Extraordinary Women and How They Are Changing the World, in-conversation with Margaret Willson, author of Woman, Captain, Rebel: The Extraordinary True Story of a Daring Icelandic Sea Captain. 10:30 AM on Saturday, October 7 at the National Nordic Museum.
- Elemental Sound Bath with Blue Lagoon Iceland and Icelandic Provisions Breakfast Bar: Join Icelandic energy healer Jósa Goodlife for an hour of inner peace and healing meditation. Sound Bath attendees will receive a complimentary Blue Lagoon Iceland yoga mat, an Icelandic Provisions beanie, an Icelandair blanket, Icelandic Glacial water, and a Blue Lagoon Iceland Skincare gift. After the Sound Bath, guests are invited to an Icelandic Provisions Breakfast Bar featuring Iceland’s iconic skyr yogurt. 11 AM on Saturday, October 7 at AETHER.
- 66°North Fireside Chat: Join renowned adventure photographer and 66°North Brand Ambassador Chris Burkard on a journey through Iceland as he shares his experiences and stunning images. The National Nordic Museum will host the photo exhibition titled “50 times and counting, because once wasn't enough!” 3 PM on Saturday, October 7 at the National Nordic Museum.
Taste of Iceland was created to celebrate and introduce the traditions and culture of Iceland to North America. For more information on Taste of Iceland, please visit https://www.inspiredbyiceland.com/culture/taste-of-iceland-seattle-2023
Contact Name: Jon Block
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Age recommendation: All ages Visit Website