The popular Seattle Children’s Festival has gone online this year with a “choose your own adventure” format.
There will be music, dance and storytelling performances (including lots of local favorites!) and workshops, plus hands-on activities.
The event, with the theme “From Home to Home,” takes place Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 24-25. Activities run live from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. but can be streamed on-demand all weekend.
“Throughout the schedule, you’ll find plenty of opportunities to play, dance, sing, cook, and learn — all while meeting your neighbors,” says Kelli Faryar, executive artistic director of Northwest Folklife, which sponsors the event along with Seattle Center.
Each day features a livestream from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Here’s what’s on the schedule:
Saturday, Oct. 24
- Sunshine Music Together
- Los Instrumentos de la Orquesta with Orquesta Northwest
- Tahitian Dance with Te Fare O Tamatoa
- Performance by Northwest Tap Connection
- Story Time with Aleksa Manila
Sunday, Oct. 25
- Music Together with Music Center of the Northwest
- Indigenous Stories with Johnny Moses
- Break Dancing with 206 Zulu
- Performance by Caspar Babypants
- Momma Machtia Makes Tortillas with Francisca Flores Garcia
In addition to the livestreams, a variety of videos and hands-on activities will be available including cooking, martial arts and dance and a Black Lives Matter program.
There is a suggested donation of $20 per family.