Opportunities for Families to Meet New Seattle Schools Superintendent
Seattle Public Schools is partnering with the Seattle Council PTSA to sponsor five regional meetings for families and community members to meet Superintendent José Banda in September and October.
During the regional meetings, the Superintendent will briefly talk about his vision for the school district, followed by informal conversations with those in attendance. The meetings are scheduled from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on the following dates and at the following locations:
- Monday, Sept. 17: Central region, Mercer Middle School, 1600 S. Columbia Way
- Tuesday, Sept. 18: Southeast region, Rainier Beach High School, 8815 Seward Park Ave. S.
- Monday, Oct. 1: Northwest region, Bryant Elementary School, 3311 N.E. 60th St.
- Tuesday, Oct. 2: Southwest region, Concord International Elementary School, 723 S. Concord St.
- Monday, Oct. 8: Northeast region, Hamilton International Middle School, 1610 N. 41st St.
“Our schools serve as centers for learning community-wide, and it is critical that we engage families and community members in supporting them,” Banda said. “I am firmly committed to developing strong school-community partnerships to enhance academic outcomes for all of our students.”
Superintendent Banda will hold open office hours on the last Thursday of every month during the school year, starting Sept 27. Each appointment will last 15 minutes, and can be in person in the Superintendent’s office at the John Stanford Center for Educational Excellence, or via telephone. To schedule an appointment, contact Venetia Wallace by phone at 206-252-0167 or via email at email@example.com.
Note that the office hours schedule may be adjusted to accommodate holidays or school breaks.