$10 “Hamilton” tickets? It’s not a joke.
The Broadway touring show opens Aug. 3 at the Paramount Theatre.
Some fans likely have had tickets in hand for months, but there’s great news: Via a lottery system, a limited number of $10 (yes, $10) seats will be made available for each show.
$10 ‘Hamilton’ tickets
Here’s how it works:
- You need to use the official “Hamilton” app.
- The lottery will open at 10 a.m. each Friday for tickets for a week out. (For example, the first lottery opened at 10 a.m. Friday, July 22 and will be open through noon Thursday, July 28. Those chosen will be able to buy tickets for performances Aug. 3-6.)
- You’ll find out between 1 and 4 p.m. Thursday if you “won,” which means you can buy up to two $10 tickets, BUT you have to claim and pay for them within two hours.
- Tickets can be picked up at will call (with photo ID) two hours before the show.
- Read the other “fine print” in the app, including such rules as that you cannot resell these tickets. (But why would you want to?)
Meanwhile, regular tickets for “Hamilton” are still available. It will be at the Paramount through Sept. 11.
And if you are unfamiliar, the smash hit “Hamilton” tells the story of Alexander Hamilton and the Founding Fathers through hip-hop, jazz and R&B.