Thanks to our friends at Weelicious for this fun Easter snack that doubles as a craft project (and isn’t it adorable?)
This might also encourage a picky eater to embrace vegetables because you know bunnies are great at doing that!
Here’s the recipe and the how-to, which it seems like you could adjust to your own tastes, what you have on hand and you kids’ abilities and attention spans for creating.
Enjoy making this fun Easter snack!
Veggie bunnies: ingredients
1 jicama, peeled and sliced into 1/2\” circles
2 tablespoons whipped light cream cheese
2 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 persian cucumbers
2 breakfast radishes, tops removed and sliced lengthwise
2 red radishes, cut into coins
8 broccoli florets
8 small carrots, peeled
1. Place a jicama circle on a plate.
2. Place the whipped cream in a ziplock bag and cut a small piece off the corner to create a piping bag.
3. Slice one half of the persian cucumber into coins and the other half slice on the bias.
4. Place 2 of the lengthwise cucumber slices at the top of the jicama to create ears. Squeeze a dollop of cream cheese onto the cucumbers and top with 2 slices of the breakfast radish.
5. Squeeze 2 small dots of cream cheese near the top of the jicama circle and press a radish circle onto each one to form eyes. Using the cream cheese as a “glue,” press a cucumber coin and an edamame onto each radish eye.
6. Squeeze a small dot of cream cheese onto the center of the jicama circle and place 3 chives on top of the cream cheese, spreading them out to form whiskers. Place a cherry tomato half on top of the chives to create a nose.
7. Place 2 carrots next to the Veggie Bunny and place the broccoli florets at the top of the carrots.
8. Enjoy your fun Easter snack and/or decoration!
This story was originally published in March 2021.
More fun in the kitchen with kids: