It’s another little light at the end of the COVID tunnel: ZooTunes is back!
Woodland Park Zoo is welcoming guests back to the meadow this summer for the 37th annual ZooTunes concert season.
Summer 2021 tickets are on sale as of Friday, May 21, 2021.
Woodland Park Zoo has partnered with legendary Seattle radio station KEXP on a unique and extraordinary ZooTunes concert season. This year, ZooTunes will feature local artists curated by KEXP. Snag your tickets to see The Posies (Sunday, July 18), Naked Giants (Sunday, Aug. 8) and Polyrhythmics (Wednesday, Aug. 25). Check back for more performers and show dates to be announced.
ZooTunes is a key fundraising event for Woodland Park Zoo with proceeds going to support the zoo’s exemplary animal care, local and global conservation programs, and critically important education programs.
Changes in 2021
In accordance with state and CDC safety guidelines, Woodland Park Zoo has implemented several policies to ensure a safe and fun environment for all ZooTunes’ guests this season.
- Tickets are only available online this year and will not be sold at the zoo gates.
- This year, everyone age 3 and older requires a purchased ticket. Tots age 2 and younger enter free with a paying adult, provided they sit on the lap of an accompanying adult.
- Pod seating: Pods are available for 2-, 4-, 6-, or 10-person pods. You’ll have your own “pod” of grass where you can spread out blankets and use low-back chairs. (Keep in in mind that you’ll have to have everyone in your pod present to enter.)
- Member line: The member pre-sale benefit allows you to reserve the best pods before the general public, so the zoo will not have an inner member line this year as it won’t be necessary in order to get a good spot on the meadow this year.
- North Gate entry. For safe entry for zoo visitors and ZooTunes ticket purchasers, concert entry has been temporarily relocated to the (old) North Gate entry. This is located inside the Bear parking lot on North 59th Street.
- No outside food and beverages will be allowed at any ZooTunes concerts this year. Sealed water bottles are acceptable. All refreshments must be purchased on site and there is a selection of craft beer, wine, soda products, water and your choice off the grill.
- Bag check: Clear bags that are 16” x 16” x 5” or smaller are allowed in the venue provided that they do not contain items on the prohibited items list.
More in Seattle’s Child